The Someoneelseseer


“For I is someone else. If the brass awakes as horn, it can’t be to blame. This much is clear: I’m around for the hatching of my thought; I watch it, I listen to it, I release a stroke from the bow; the symphony makes its rumblings in the depths or leaps fully formed onto the stage. If old fools hadn’t completely misunderstood the nature of the [self], We wouldn’t be constantly sweeping up these millions of skeletons that, since time immemorial, have hoarded products of their monocular intellects, a blindness of which they claim authorship!
...I mean that you ave to be a seer, mold oneself into a seer. The Poet makes himself into a seer by a long involved, and logical derangemenet of all the senses”
Rimbaud - Lettres du Voyant (The Seer Letters)
There is also an interesting discussion on the Lettres du Voyant here on the New Yorker by Ruth Franklin.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...